Sunday, 20 January 2013

Pitch Perfect

Okay, so I said I was going to do a film review on this blog as I didn't want to have to make a new blog, as I'd probably just abandon one of them at some point. 
I don't know if everyone is going to like my film reviews or not, but I'm hoping to save you from watching terrible films and encourage you to watch fabulous films... according to my opinion.
Anyway, I wanted to review a fairly new film that I hadn't already seen, so I chose Pitch Perfect for some reason. [Probably that I secretly like Glee but cannot be bothered to catch up and I want to watch a musical]

I'm currently about to watch this for the first time, I'll be pausing it and reviewing it as I go along. It's 12:30AM right now so apologies if my spelling or grammar isn't spot on.

Pitch Perfect: 
You can watch the trailer HERE, though I think sometimes trailers can ruin films.
You can look at the IMDB page HERE.




12A | Comedy / Musical | UK release date: 21/12/12 | Stars: Anna KendrickBrittany Snow and Rebel Wilson | Director: Jason Moore, known for Dawson's Creek and Everwood 

The opening scene was a generic start off for all cheesy teenage musical film-or-tv-show-thingamajigs... stage and singers involved - obviously. 
I give kudos to the opening credits cut, was pretty cool. Then Carry on my Wayward Son by Kansas was being blasted out in one of the characters cars, which is fabulous. 
Main character is Becca [Anna Kendrick] a teenager, just starting college/school/whatever it's called in America and doesn't like step mother. Becca want's to move to LA, get a record label [DJ-ing] and start 'paying her dues' as opposed to staying in school studying. In the end she will probably start enjoying school, as it's obvious she's going to join their glee club or whatever and have a fantastic time, and doesn't want to be a DJ anymore. [will probably delete that if I'm wrong]

People often dislike the whole musical genre, but I love it. I love the casual break out in song.
I'd just like to say that Fat Amy [Rebel Wilson] is the funniest character ever.
Why is it in Glee and other things like it, the new voice is always found in the showers?? However, they have managed to make it rather creepy in this film, singing together naked, hmm.

It made me happy to see Christopher Mintz-Plasse [AKA Fogel from Superbad] Excellentttt! <3

I love the auditions scene! I think it's safe to say that I know where the tapping of cups thing came from. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you proabably don't spend as much time on the internet as I do, and actually have a life.

The 'Riff-off' scene is really well done, I like the mash-ups ^_^

*SPOILER* I was expecting them to get through to the semi-finals, but they didn't which was quite unpredictable. However, they will probably find a way to be in the finals and triumph......
And I was right!

I actually really enjoyed the ending, it has made me want the soundtrack. I must warn you I have a terrible taste in music according to, everyone.

And there's DEFINITELY going to be a sequel.
I probably will watch it, because I've kind of enjoyed this film, and it's made me wish I had an amazing singing voice and Glee clubs etc. existed in England and it was cool.

If you like overly dramatic musicals, and glee then you will probably enjoy it too.. If you don't then you most likely wont like this film at all.

I'd say Pitch Perfect is High School Musical, if it was actually good, and funny.

Probably not the best film to choose to review first, but it is funny and easy to watch, so if you're bored then watch this!
If I had to rate this out of 10 I'd probably give it a 7/10, but if I wasn't the musical lover that I am, then I'd probably give it a 5 or 6 out of 10. 

Thankyou, hope you enjoyed this review, if you didn't then suggest a film for me to review!
Comment here or tweet @jdddd :)

I probably wont get any feedback on this, but I'm still going to review things until I do.

Have a nice evening xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I want to see this but I will wait until it is out on DVD! Looks great :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you suggesting New Years Eve the film or are you wishing me a happy new year? :p xo

      Delete
  3. I'm always told I have a bad taste in music too. As if. As if... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loool this wasn't a review Jessica this was just a random collection of thoughts whilst watching the film. I luff ya :') xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also saw this movie a couple weeks ago and I do agree with you. If someone likes glee will sure like this one!
    What I loved most was the relationship between the characters of Anna Kendrick and Skylar Astin because they decided not to focus too much on their "love" but created more around it. Off course we always know through the whole movie they are gonna stay together but it's still fun to watch the whole thing.

    And yes! The rif off is probably one the best scenes with music. As the auditions scenes!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog!
I'll try my best to reply to everyone! :)

If you leave your blog link, I will look at your blog and follow you if I like what you post, please don't ask me to follow you or to follow you back - that's not how I choose who I follow.

Thankyou so much for following and commenting!

xoxo - Jessica